Monday, April 20, 2009

He leads me beside quiet waters


Good morning, Father. Good Morning, Jesus. Good morning, Holy Spirit.

The weather is beautiful this morning. Warm heat gather with beautiful rays from the sun starts my day. My mind is still recalling the beautiful Babagon River that I visited yesterday. My friend, Peter invited me to attend a flying fish competition at Babagon area near Penampang. Fishing has never been my cup of tea. I always prefered vibrant and active sports activities that requires strength and body motion.

My preferred activities have extended to other areas slowly. I guess when your heart is close to God, you prefer quieter activities which can draw you nearer to him. Babagon River has been a lifeless river after excessive fishing and pollution. The Penampang Council decided to impose a clean-up regulation as well as non-fishing policy to help restore the mother river of Penampang in 2000. After 9 years of perseverance, the river is now restored to its original beauty: clean with no rubbish, clear and beautiful. I was amazed when I saw such beautiful nature in KK. As an extensive traveler, I always look out and never paid much attention to KK.

Resting is important. “By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.” (Genesis 2:2-3)

Sabbath day does not come without purpose. Even God’s creation such as Babagon River needs to be rested to restore its originality in order to provide bountiful life forms to support the villagers. What make us think that we can work constantly without taking a rest? Resting means totally leaving worldly matters behind and be embraced in His love and care. It is time to appreciate his presence. Just like air and wind, you don’t see it but you feel it.

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. (Psalm 23:1-2)

That was what struck my mind. The beautiful verses written by King David struck me. I was in awe when I saw the beautiful setting of the river. I could feel the Spirit touching me and I could see how King David appreciated what the Lord had done for him. My Lord is a protector and a provider. I shall not be in want. In life, we worry too much. In times of trouble, we do not need to search high and low, left and right. All we need is to look up. The provider will answer our call. It is just that simple.

I enjoy diving. Each time when I encounter problems, I know I have one way to escape. Up, look up. In life, as a Christian, in time of troubles and despairs, we also have one way to escape, look up.

"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." (Psalm 23:6)

I know each day is a blessing day. In good times, I thank him, in bad times, I praise him. Only in bad times, we can apprehend his almighty and his work in full indebtedness.

“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. … When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honour.” (Psalm 8:1, 3-5)


PRAISE AND HONOUR TO THE GLORY OF HIS GRACE !


耶和華我們的主,你的名在地何美,你將榮耀彰顯於天,將榮耀彰顯於天。觀看你所造的天,所擺設月亮星宿。觀看你指頭所造的天,所設的月亮星宿。便說人算甚麼?你竟顧念他,他算甚麼?他比天使微小一點,你賜他榮耀冠冕。耶和華我們的主,你的名在地何美,你將榮耀彰顯於天,將榮耀彰顯於天。觀看你所造的天,所擺設月亮星宿。觀看你指頭所造的天,所設的月亮星宿。環顧宇宙萬物何廣闊,試問人算甚麼。 (Extracted from Psalm 8:1, 3-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment